Receptionist Of the Year
Applying for the AICR UK Receptionist of The Year 2020 Competition
The Receptionist of the Year competition consists of various stages where your skills will be judged against other Receptionists from all over the UK. The winner will then represent the AICR UK at an International level during the Congress in Geneva in April 2021 to compete for the David Campbell Trophy. The process runs from September 2020 to April 2021.
Your completed application form will be reviewed by the AICR UK committee members.
Successful applicants need to be available for a second stage interview at a central London hotel and must attend in full uniform.
All second stage candidates are required to be available during the evening of the October event at a central London hotel for the announcement of the finalists. (Applicants need to wear their uniform on this evening)
Final Stage & UK Receptionist of the Year Award Ceremony
The finalist interviews and role plays will be held in December 2020 at a central London hotel. All finalists should attend in full uniform and be available throughout the day. Following the finalist interviews and role plays there will be an award ceremony in the evening at the same hotel. All finalists and their nominating managers are requested to attend the ceremony.
AICR International Congress Geneva 2021
The winner announced at the award ceremony in London, will go on to compete internationally, against the receptionists from all the other AICR sections, for the David Campbell Trophy in association with Gold Key Media at the AICR International Congress 2021 in Geneva.
The AICR UK Receptionist of the Year 2020 will receive:
- One week of cross training at a UK 4* or 5* hotel of your choice (subject to that property’s availability)
- Entry to the International Competition in Geneva 2021, with flights and accommodation paid for
- A year’s complimentary membership of AICR UK
- A year’s Mentoring with one of our dedicated AICR UK Mentors
Terms and Conditions:
- The person putting you forward must be a paid up member of the AICR UK and currently work at the same hotel.
- All applicants must hold a permanent contract with the nominating hotel and have to be employed as a receptionist or similar throughout the duration of the competition. Placement students are not permitted to enter.
- Please be aware that you will need to be available to attend various stages of the UK competition
- A maximum of two candidates can be nominated per hotel.
- The candidate(s) is required to attend the competition on the dates mentioned above and if they win will be required to attend the International Competition to be held in Geneva in April 2021.
- They will need to be supported in attending the one week cross training at a UK hotel within 2021.
- As part of the entry process, we must have confirmation that both of these times will not be deducted from their annual holiday and will be paid at their normal rate.