Receptionist Of the Year
Applying for the AICR UK Receptionist of The Year 2018 Competition
Receptionist of the Year consists of various stages where you will pit your skills against other Receptionists from all over the UK. The winner of this will go on to represent the AICR UK at international level in London in January 2019 and will also receive a further development course. The whole process runs from October to January and is as per the below stages:
Your completed application form must be returned by 3rd October 2018 and will be reviewed by the AICR UK committee members. All applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application by 24th October 2018.
Successful applicants need to be available for a second stage interview on an evening in November 2018 at a central London Hotel date to be confirmed. Applicants must attend in full uniform.
All second stage candidates are required to be available on one evening in November 2018 at a central London Hotel date and venue to be confirmed for the announcement of the finalists.
Final Stage & UK Receptionist of the Year Award Ceremony
The finalist interviews and role plays will be held in December 2018. All finalists should attend in uniform and be available throughout the day. Following the finalist interviews and role plays there will be an award ceremony in the evening at the same central hotel. All entrants and their nominating managers are requested to attend the ceremony.
AICR Congress London 2019
The winner announced at the award ceremony will represent the UK in London in January 2019 to compete internationally against receptionists from other sections of the AICR.
The UK Receptionist of the Year 2018 will receive:
- One week of cross training at a UK 4* or 5* hotel of their choice (subject to that property’s availability)
- The chance to attend the International Competition to be held in London 2019. All travel arrangements for this will be paid for by the AICR UK
Terms and Conditions:
- The person putting you forward must be a paid up member of the AICR UK and currently work at the same hotel.
- All applicants must hold a permanent contract with the nominating hotel and have to be employed as a receptionist or similar throughout the duration of the competition. Placement students are not permitted to enter.
- Please be aware that you will need to be available to attend various stages of the UK competition
- A maximum of two candidates can be nominated per hotel.
- The candidate(s) is required to attend the competition on the dates mentioned above and if they win will be required to attend the International Competition to be held in London in January 2019.
- They will need to be supported in attending the one week cross training at a UK hotel within 2019.
- As part of the entry process, we must have confirmation that both of these times will not be deducted from their annual holiday and will be paid at their normal rate.