About Us – AICR President’s Welcome
Welcome to the Amicale Internationale des Sous Directeurs et Chefs de Réception des Grand Hôtels or AICR The International Association for Deputy Managers and Front Office Managers of Luxury Hotels.
The AICR was founded in 1964 on the Côte d’Azur in France by the Chefs de Réception of several famous Grand Hotels.
For over 50 years the AICR has developed into a dynamic international organisation represented in 14 countries, 15 sections and and continues to grow.
In more recent history the AICR International Committee association has focused on some key initiatives including:
- Educational courses at our Annual Congresses
- A Leadership Certification (A qualification designed specifically to drive excellence in Front Office Leadership)
- A mentoring program designed to promote longevity of entry level Front Office staff in our industry
- Celebrating National Receptionist Day globally
Internationally it provides Front Office Managers and Leaders with an invaluable network offering:
- A friendly and professional support mechanism in your city
- An opportunity to exchange views, information and experiences
- Advance warning of fraudsters or security risks
- Support during city wide events promoting cooperation between hotels
- The National and International Receptionist of the Year Competition
- Recruitment and ways to attract more staff into the industry
- Job search options
The Amicale means much more then just a professional organisation. It is an Amicale, which translates to a Friendship between members that are formed over many years.
The individual sections offer:
- A series of networking events annually
- Training sessions by companies specialising eg in Yield Management or the recent introduction of the Euro
- Regular hotel site inspections promotion market knowledge and understanding
- Social media and chat groups allowing for instant information sharing and communication
- The National receptionist competition
- Surveys of eg laundry prices
- Presentations by local suppliers, tourist boards etc
- Initiatives to attract more young people into the industry such as visits to hotels schools or visits to hotels by schools to support individuals that have chosen a career in Front Office.
Each section votes a national committee and president who organise the local activities and who represents that section on the international committee.
There are usually 6-8 functions per year in a section including the Annual General Meeting.
The international president is voted by the general assembly every two years and chooses his committee. It meets together with the national presidents every year and as a committee about four times throughout the year.
Each section can set its own membership fee depending on local sponsors. A EUR 25 fee per active member is payable by each section once year and this money is used to support the work of the international committee.
We invite you to browse through this website and please contact us for any more details either about an application to become a member of an existing section or to set up a section of your own.
Darin J Davies MIH
AICR International President